Welcome to my blog. My name is Dustin K. MacDonald. I cut my teeth in the nonprofit world by working for Distress Centre Durham, where I developed the Online Text and Chat (ONTX) Program. I’ve since developed skills in Program Evaluation, Data Analysis, Crisis Intervention, Suicide Prevention, and other subjects.
I write on this blog about suicide, nonprofit management, math and statistics, occasional IT or computing topics and organizational and community development. You can read more about me below, or check out the links along the top of the page.
You can view my LinkedIn, but here are some quick facts:
- Author at Social Work Helper, averaging one post per month
- Experienced helpline/online responder (1600+ hours telephone / 1000+ hours online)
- Director of Online Support and Communication for Distress Centre Durham (2015 – 2017)
- ONTX Facilitator for Distress and Crisis Ontario (2015 – 2017)
- Former Registered Social Service Worker (Jun 2014 – Dec 2017)
- Board Member on Durham Region Literacy Council (Jun 2015 – Dec 2017)
- Representative on the Youth Suicide Prevention (YSP) Action Group, part of the Durham Child and Youth Planning Network (DCYPN) (Feb 2016 – Dec 2017)
- Representative on the Technology Committee of the Canada Suicide Prevention Service (NSPS) (2015)
- Peer Support Facilitator, Canadian Centre for Men and Families (Jun 2015 – Jan 2016)
- Member of 2014/15 Joint Working Group for Sexual Assault Response Protocol at Durham College and University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
- Bachelor of Professional Arts in Human Services (GPA 3.54/4), Athabasca University (2018)
- Business Fundamentals Certificate, Durham College (2015)
- Social Service Worker Diploma with Honors, Durham College (2013)
Professional Development includes:
- Basic Victim Advocate Training, Office for Victims of Crime (2018)
- suicide To Hope Advanced Suicide Training (2017)
- Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) Training (2016)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2015)
- Online Counselling and Suicide Intervention Specialist (2014)
- Top Writer at Quora (2018)
- Program and Service Recognition (PSR) at Distress and Crisis Ontario (2016)
- Spirit Award at Distress Centre Durham (2014)
- Provincial Spirit of Volunteerism Award Nominee at Distress and Crisis Ontario (2013)
- Beth Carr Academic Bursary at Distress Centre Durham (2012)
I can be reached via LinkedIn (above), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.