My name is Dustin K. MacDonald. I’m Canadian, and I work in suicide prevention. On this website you’ll read about my professional activities and interests in counselling, suicide prevention and data analysis.
You can view my LinkedIn, but here are some quick facts:
- Experienced helpline/online responder (1600+ hours telephone / 850+ hours online)
- Director of Online Support and Communication for Distress Centre Durham
- Registered Social Service Worker
- Board Member on Durham Region Literacy Council
- Representative on the Youth Suicide Prevention (YSP) Action Group, part of the Durham Child and Youth Planning Network (DCYPN)
- Representative on the Technology Committee of the National Suicide Prevention Service (NSPS)
Previous roles included:
- Peer Support Facilitator, Canadian Centre for Men and Families (Jun 2015 – Jan 2016)
- Member of 2014/15 Joint Working Group for Sexual Assault Response Protocol at Durham College and University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
Professional Development includes:
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Online Counselling and Suicide Intervention Specialist
- suicideCare (Advanced Suicide Case Management) Trained
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.