The Basic Security in the Field (BSITF) Course is the e-learning course produced for the United Nations. This is information that anyone involved in a UN operation must complete as part of their introduction to the UN Security apparatus.
The BSITF course is a self-paced online course taking 3-4 hours and containing 7 modules. The Learning Objectives indicated in the course include how to:
- Take appropriate precautionary and preparative actions
- Apply practical techniques to manage risks and deal with difficult circumstances
- Make quick assessments in dangerous situations
- React appropriately in the event of actual danger, threat, or injury
- Comprehend your psychological reaction to security incidents and know where to obtain help
This course is available free through Agora, the digital learning platform of the United Nations Children’s Fund, better known as UNICEF.
This course can be accessed here: https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=589