Table of Contents
One of the courses I’m taking in my PhD in Information Technology at the University of the Cumberlands is called Enterprise Risk Management. This course focuses on risk management (of course) and specifically enterprise risk management which is more holistic and global when compared to low level risk assessment.
Like each UC course, this one is 8 weeks. Each week focuses on a different topic with several articles to read, a paper to write, and discussion boards to participate in. This one is hard to nail down, there is so much information in each session.
- Week 1: What is ERM?
- Week 2: Learning Risk Management Frameworks
- Week 3: Standards for Risk Management
- Week 4: Additional Frameworks
- Week 5: ERM in Digital Forensics
- Week 6: Continuing Forensics
- Week 7: Regulation and IT Governance
- Week 8: ERM in Healthcare
I am enjoying this course. These frameworks are immediately applicable to the work that I do as an IT consultant (as is the Data Governance material from the other course I’m in right now). I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about ERM.
I’ll have a Christmas break and then start some new classes in 2024.