Table of Contents
One of the courses I’m taking in my PhD in Information Technology at the University of the Cumberlands is called Information Technology in a Global Economy. This course focuses on a high level overview of IT topics with a focus on global and international uses of IT.
Like each UC course, this one is 8 weeks. Each week focuses on a different topic with several articles to read, a paper to write, and discussion boards to participate in.
- Week 1: IT to manage global operations
- Week 2: Blockchain
- Week 3: IT governance
- Week 4: Supply chain management, global value chains
- Week 5: Mobile technology, global healthcare
- Week 6: Big Data, Cloud computing
- Week 7: IT compliance, cybersecurity, data protection
- Week 8: Data breaches, cyber security innovation
I’ve really enjoyed this course so far. I am in Week 6. I am champing at the bit to get through my courses and get into my dissertation but in the meantime, being able to learn more about different topics that might be part of my dissertation has been useful.
Looking forward to my next 2 courses which start Monday, October 23, 2023 and end Friday, December 15, 2023. That means that by December, I will have completed 15 credits out of 60 towards my PhD.